Tuesday, April 06, 2010

EMBRACE THE NEW...............
It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power. Alan Cohen

What an awesome morning run I had planned on a shorter run but ended up with 10 miles ;-) funny how that happens.
I decided to do a crossfit styled wod out on my run so every 30 min. I did 20 squats , 20 push-ups and 20 lunges ended up doing 5 rounds. My legs will be sore it got hard esp, if I was lunging on the uphill :-)
I really enjoy the beauty of the Mission Peak/Ohlone/Sunol Wilderness. I know one day I will move away and I will surely miss my playground. But we must always remember to find a new place to play when we move from one area to the next.




The wildflowers are starting to pop every where on the trail. This pics. for you Andy my sweetie he loves Poppies ;-)


I love how just outside my house and just a mile road run away the trail is there. I am lucky. I hope you all enjoy the trails why the weather is so nice. Hopefully the rain is over for the most part.



Ok kids get out and play!!!!





4 comments:

Unknown said...

That quote just nailed my life right now. Thanks for sharing it. :-) Here is to relentless forward progress.

LauraK said...

Catra, that quote was just what I needed today. I know what I need to do. Thank you.

Wendy, Los Angeles said...

just stumbled upon your blog! what an inspiration you are -- love it!!

Running Diva Mom said...

Totally awesome photos once again!!!