Monday, February 08, 2010

TRIUMPH OVER FEAR..................
I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
Nelson Mandela
So I didn't make it into Hardrock 100. they had 140 slots with over 400 apps. for the lottery. 40 of the slots were given away to past winners and I think 5 time finishers. So really there were 100 slots open.
I am 121 on the wait list LOL... Why even have a wait list with so may runners?.
Andy didn't get in either.
I'm kinda happy because I really don't have the money to run it this year. So my focus will be getting out on the John Muir trail this year to do hopefully a triple since it hasn't been done. Well, as far as I know. I will have to post to the hiker forums to see if anyone has fastpacked it. I do still have the YO Yo record, for now. But there are a couple guys that have mentioned they would like to break my record. That's why there are records, they are meant to be broken right???
These pictures were taken on Fridays long run. It was an awesome day!!!
I will write up about post pictures from Saturdays run. My roommate Jerry and I measured the Mission Peak Fat ass 50k course. It's 32 miles. I need to decided which day to put it on. It took us 10 hours..LOL..we ran in slippery mud and in the dark coming down. We started late and didn't bring flash lights..That's what we get. I will post tomorrow about that.
I'm running Twin Peaks 50 miler with Andy Saturday should be fun!
Sorry about not posting much but my computer has an issue that Andy will fix when I'm down.
I hope you all have a great day!!
New beginnings or the possibilities of a new start are soon to be presented. Use your inner magician to pull together all the components of what soon will be in the offing, as you should now be able to manifest your hopes, dreams and desires. Remember you are only at the beginning, the first stages of development, so the more you are able to accept the more will be given to you.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like a lot of my blogger buddies didn't make Hardrock. :( You will always be the stud-ette and I love your energy. Jen

Hone said...

I didnt get into Hardrock either. I guess they have a thing against cool people and only the nerds get in. =)

I am having hip issues again so I might see you Sat or I might not. Either way have fun!