Tuesday, February 09, 2010

IT'S WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT.................
It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about. Dale Carnegie
Ok here are some pictures from Saturday course measuring which we will be putting on next month. It's the Mission Peak Fat ass 50k. I'm not sure how much climbing it has, Jerry has it all on his gps.
We both wore our GPS's and got 32 miles.
You climb out of Ed Levin to Monument peak then run the fire road to the first water which is about 6.5 miles, you do an out and back to the water then head over Mission peak along the Bay ridge trail then the Ohlone college trail then a loop from YSC to the Panorama trail. You connect again with Bay ridge Mission Peak trail then head back over Mission peak then down and take the Ohlone trail to Sunol park. The back over Mission peak to the Horse heaven trail following the Ohlone 50k course
To the parking lot and a 1 mile road run to my house where we will finish.
we will have to car shuttle to the start. I'm looking forward to running it again. It took us 10 hours. It was muddy and we stopped a lot and we finished the last 3.5 miles running in the dark.
I am going to make a blog page for it.
I'm getting excited about Twin Peaks. I leave Thursday after work for SoCal, I'm flying down..Woo Hoo...

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I really love your pictures (& what you have to say) -- You are so colorful. Good luck at Twin Peaks. I'll be volunteering and will be sure to say Hi if I see you.

Again, best of luck!

Anonymous said...

When you travel, do you wear your running things?

Michael said...

Depending on the date, I'd totally be up for a Mission Peak 50K. I've run Ohlone, and I sometimes drop by on my way to work, but only to run to the top and back down again. Would definitely like to explore the area a little more.

Unknown said...

That Dale Carnegie quote is perfect.