Saturday, November 21, 2009

DEFINE YOURSELF.................
Accept no one’s definition of your life. Define yourself.
Harry Feinstein
Today we ran at Henry Coe State park for the very first time. From Left to right me (Catra Corbett) Fast Jerry, Yo Yo Man and Mikey Mike. I was happy to share the trails with my awesome friends.
The weather was perfect.
I can't believe it has taken me all these years to run over here. It's only an hour away. Mike and I can't believe no one has put a 50 miler on out here. I think we are going to plan a fat ass 50k race out here in Feb. And we are planning a 50 mile training run in Spring out here too. And well, I have big plans and want to run a solo 100 miler out here sometime next year.
My life has been up and down lately My sister and I finally got rid of our house we owned together. We did a short sell we will get nothing. It's sad but true. She couldn't afford it anymore she lost her job last year and got a job but got laid off again. There is no way I could afford it that's why I moved out and we rented out a room.
Next step for me is Bankruptcy, I don't really have a choice I am so far in debit there is no way out. Long story, but I made a bad choice a couple years ago after the PCT and didn't work for almost a year. I thought it would get better but it didn't and I kept getting further behind.
I am going to talk to someone next week to get advice.
I know I need to stay positive but sometimes it's hard. I am smiling on the outside but crying on the inside. I just need to take it day by day and stay positive and enjoy the free things in life, like running on beautiful trails, in places like Henry Coe state park.
Namaste
New beginnings or the possibilities of a new start are soon to be presented. Use your inner magician to pull together all the components of what soon will be in the offing, as you should now be able to manifest your hopes, dreams and desires. Remember you are only at the beginning, the first stages of development, so the more you are able to accept the more will be given to you.
© Stephen Hayne

11 comments:

jay said...

Catra,

Sorry to hear about your financial difficulties. You really provide a lot of motivation and inspiration to others so it really sucks that you're having to deal with this. Definitely talk with a professional before doing anything. There are options other than bankrupcy and you should see if they might work in your case. Even if you have to declare, you'll be getting a fresh start, and in this economic climate you won't be the only one having to do it.

You should also look into starting your own business if you haven't already. You obviously have a lot of passion for running and the outdoors, and there have been many who have been able to parlay that kind of passion into successful business ventures. You've already built up a roster of potential clients... just look at all the hits on your blog and on your facebook and myspace pages! Hell, I'd hire you in an instant if you started a backcountry guide business!!

Sam said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. But from what ive gathered reading your blog you've been through worse than this- you'll pull through: your mentally strong and you have people that love you. You'll find a way. I'm surewith your incredible fitness knowledge you'll find plenty of people begging to hire you!

Stay strong georgeous girl!

triguyjt said...

Hi Catra...enjoy all your posts and how you are so positive on everything.... I noticed on one of your pics..you had a band over your right knee..(under it actually) have you had meniscus issues...patella tendon stuff?? take care...keep running...

Catra said...

hey triguyjt-
I wear that once in a while if my knee hurts. If i do a lot of flat stuff it bugs me. The day before I ran 22 miles and 12 of it was asphalt. I just wore it so it didn't hurt the next day ;-)
Thanks.
Hey guys thanks for the nice post too. ;-)

Anonymous said...

YOU SHOULD BE A SPONSORED RUNNER YOU GIVE SO MUCH BACK TO THE SPORT AND THE HUMAN RACE. DIRT DIVA POSTERS MIGHT SELL WELL ? :) HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT.

Karoline said...

Business idea: If you make and sell Dirt Diva Trailgirl t-shirts, I definitely want one! Good luck!! Thanks for letting us follow you through the trails. You're an inspiration for the rest of us. I've gotten my shoes on and run out the door a million times after reading your blog...Thanks!

ultrarunner (Brian Philpot) said...

Keep u'r head up! U will be fine, u are a strong woman!

ultrarunnergirl said...

Hang in there girl.
I'm with the other posters, you should design Dirt Diva running skirts or apparel with your star tattoos or other stuff on 'em. I'd TOTALLY want those!

Anonymous said...

C--
Here I thought you had it wired re: the economics of your effort. Talk to a professional. Bankruptcy can bankrupt you! Meet with a professional. But PLEASE meet with people who can help you develop and put live a Catra.com revenue plan.

Your dedication and inspiration is phenomenal and I bet there's a whole lot of sponsorship, ad dollars, and other means of support out there.

I assumed you had it going. You put yourself so far out there fairly regularly. If you're able to build a Catra-centered economic engine that makes it relatively easy to click and help out somehow, well, I bet there's long term plan somewhere that could make your efforts self-sustaining in a couple of years.

You have an enormous body of knowledge, experience, and plain motivating magic that's so incredibly valuable.

A life of determination etc shared through your actions and blog. If someone could help you monetize a bit of what you share I know there'd be a whole lot more that you would share!

Just some thoughts. There's gotta be a way for you to flip what you so love doing into something that is self-sustaining and economically viable.

Keep on.

DP
HarrimanStParkSouthNYState

Anonymous said...

Catra,
You have so many people that care for you and are there for you! Great advice to 'brand' yourself. You have an amazing story to share and so many more of us are waiting to benefit from your wisdom and experiences along the journey. Shirts, skorts, arm and leg warmers with your pearls of wisdom written on them, or maybe even some of your body art.
Use your imagination to live your dream!!!

ken michal said...

Catra,
It sucks hearing about bad things happening to great people like yourself! I hope you get through this quickly, with the same style, grace and winning attitude you bring to your running! This is another challenge... You live for challenges!!!!

Maybe this is a sign to write a book? You've had enough adventures to make it MORE than interesting and it would be great to hear about the lessons you've learned along the way!

All Day!
~Ken