Sunday, July 12, 2009

Your Dreams

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. William James


I am always amazed at this little guy. He wasn't born with long legs, or a lean body to run long and fast. And either was I, but we both know we love to run and give our best.Rocky and I ran 4 miles together today through the neighborhood. We have lots of hills to climb when we run, and it's not easy for him but he goes for it. Sure sometimes he lets me know he wants to take a break for a minute, and I let him sit down. I know by keeping fit he will live longer. Sure people laugh at us running down the road or say you shouldn't make him run. I laugh and say he's a dog they like to run and it makes him happy.
Exercise is important to humans and animals, we all need to do it to stay fit and healthy.
I am happy to report Rocky has lost a few pounds living at his new home. We don't feed him treats all the time or give him extra food. There was alot of that going on at my old house where my sister and nephew over fed him. I had no control when I was at work or out of town.
At Jerry's we don't give him extra crap.

Rocky makes me smile each day, if I have a bad day I look at him and think about the abuse and torture he suffered, and came out a happy loving dog.
I rescued him over 5 years ago. I know he is grateful and I am grateful he came into my life.
Give your pets a hug and kiss and take them out for a walk or run today.

CROSSFIT WOD
5 rounds for time
30-abmat sit-ups
25- abmat back extensions.
my time: 3:49
ran 6 miles total today it's taper time for TRT 100

8 comments:

Ultra"slow"Matt said...

Happy to here Rocky is good and enjoying new home.You seem to be enjoying it too. I have checked here in the U.k. for a Crossfit near me and there is none. Do you know of any online crosfit programs or info that i could use to help my running. I wish you the best of luck in your next race.

Mountain Goat said...

I love Rocky too; what a great post. I can't own a dog right now for a number of reasons so I like to enjoy them vicariously through my friends who own and love dogs.

Glad to hear he is running and eating better. I used to have a Golden Retriever named "Sam" and my darn neighbors would feed him when I wasn't home. They were killing him with food!! I had to tell them that Sam had no "off" button when it came to food, he would eat until he threw up...sad
but true. Finally I had to get angry with them and they stopped feeding him.

Give Rocky a pat on the head for me and tell him we short legged types need to stick together..we just take more steps to cross the finish line!

Anonymous said...

rocky looks like he knows when hes getting his photo taken he is always smiling for the camera, keep it up

Anonymous said...

I have a "rental dog" I'm taking care of for a friend. She is great (the dog) and we went on a 16mi run yesterday. She's a sled dog and was ready to go. We (people) could be a lot more like dogs I think. First time post. Love the blog.
Henry, in Alaska

Caren said...

He looks great!

Kara said...

My little chihuahua will walk 6 miles with me easily yet people are always surprised.

I love your Rocky posts.

CoyoteGirl said...

Rocky's lookin' sleek and fit! My shepherd is too hot to go runnin' today...she's hiding from the heat on the bathroom tile.

Anonymous said...

Great post, thank you. I just love Rocky! He's a little dog with a big heart and a happy life.