Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Be Thankful

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.
Julia & Jurek

Yesterday I did trail maintenance on the Laurel canyon loop which was damaged by a big tree that fell in the Spring. We rerouted a section of trail and built a new trail.
The work was Headed by Trail Dogs with 83 year old Harry in charge. He had some medical issues going on so we carried a chair and fold out table so he could relax while we worked.
Neil of EBRP was helping with the project too. I got to decide where the new trail would go since I know the trails. I ran back of forth thinking what would be best for running or hiking. we went up above the old trail and crossed the old one and went down to the creek where I build a rock bridge and switch backed up on the other side.
There was one section that was sloping that really needed to be flattened out. Crazy Chris was there and he gets credit for that section he really worked hard to make it flat he did an awesome job.

Crazy Chris

Actually everyone did a great job. it was warm out but we were cooled down by the shade of the trees. I was very happy to see my friend Jurek there. He is an amazing volunteer for not just working on the trails but coming out the past 4 years and working the Ohlone 50k. He brings a smile to my face during my hundred knowing that he will be there to cheer me on and help along.

The wonderful volunteers ;-)

Julia also showed up. Chris Julia and I were there getting trail hours in for upcoming hundred mile races.

After we were finished I ended up running back home over Mission Peak about 5 miles in the heat. I go dehydrated so when I go home I drank a ton and took a cold shower.
Me, 1 mile to go before I'm home. I'm baked

Tomorrow after work I leave for my next race Tahoe rim trail 100 miler I ask that you all send me and Andy positive vibes during the race. I am looking forward to this race. Andy and I will be running the whole race together so it will be fun ;-)

9 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

Good luck Catra and Andy. I'll be thinking of you guys. Have FUN! ;)

Just me...and bike ramblings said...

Sending positive vibes to you guys all the way from England ((((((())))))

Anonymous said...

Trail Maintenance- good things done by good people.
Thank you

Bipolar Boy said...

Have a really great race,do your best and most of all enjoy it. Because as you say on your blog you want to live life to the full everyday, well i cannot think of a better way of doing that than running an ultra. I and many others will be thinking of you.

Ultra slow matt. (Bipolar Matt).

Bipolar Boy said...

Have a really great race,do your best and most of all enjoy it. Because as you say on your blog you want to live life to the full everyday, well i cannot think of a better way of doing that than running an ultra. I and many others will be thinking of you.

Ultra slow matt. (Bipolar Matt).

Snakebite said...

Miss Catra - have you ever considered a post series on photos and accompanying dialog on your tattoos?

deiss said...

Sending you lots of energy! You are truly an inspiration.

Missy said...

Good luck Catra! Kick butt!

(I second Snakebite's suggestion.)

home exchange said...

Hope you had fun in the race! This blog is amazing!!! Really wicked pics, looks like you're having an awesome time! Keep it up ;-)