Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fun times out on my run today. Mt. Wilson trail. Mt. Harvard ? in the background.
Striking a pose on the heli pad.
It's hard to hold a handstand for 10 sec.
Heading down, down, down.
Change, disruption or obstacles could be the order of the day! There is a reason for each of these occurrences but in general it can be said that the way in which you are doing things, or viewing things, has to change. Very often the universe takes a hand and helps you by clearing away the debris of the old, but be assured that what is right, essential or just plain needed, will remain in place. In all cases be calm in the face of these unexpected events and just know that everything is going to be all right.
© Stephen Haynes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Awesome trails you have.

Brent

Anonymous said...

Now I know, I love you.

Judi said...

Hey Catra, you are looking good - as usual!

I will be in Santa Monica on Sept 20-24th. Not sure where I can run trail in that area. I was planning on some road runs, and maybe an ocean swim in my wetsuit. My g/f I am visiting is not super active but I know we plan to rent some beach cruisers and just have fun. Let me know if you will be in socal at that time!!

Judi

Anonymous said...

I can't tell if thats Mt. Harvard...I used to work for the forest service up there and run everywhere.
It sure looks different after the fire, but its greening up. There is a 30 'waterfall about 1.5 miles up in the Monrovia canyon. I was there a few weeks ago, but there is lots of poison oak.
If you want to learn about all the local plants you can eat, Christopher Nyerges puts on outdoor classes in the Angeles almost every weekend. He has several books and a website.
Also , there is a 2 or 3 day class that just started if you want to volunteer and staff the refurbished fire lookout above Chaleo, its beautiful.