Tuesday, March 18, 2008

New beginnings or the possibilities of a new start are soon to be presented. Use your inner magician to pull together all the components of what soon will be in the offing, as you should now be able to manifest your hopes, dreams and desires. Remember you are only at the beginning, the first stages of development, so the more you are able to accept the more will be given to you.
© Stephen Haynes
So we didn't make it to Disneyland :( but that's ok Andy and I always think of something cool to do at the last minute. I had read in the papaer that the Body Worlds 3 exhibit story of the heart opened that Friday. So since the weather was a little iffy on Sunday we thought lets go to the body worlds.
What an amazing person Dr. Gunther Von Hagens is. He came up with the whole plastination thing. There were specimens both of organs and whole bodies.
I was really amazed. I was so intoxicated by it all. I could not believe what we look like on the inside. So beautiful all the muscles , tendons and veins. The organs they had displayed weren't very pleasing to me. Especially the lungs and Heart of a smoker. It was so neat to see the bladder, never saw it up close. As most of you know I have suffered from bladder infections off and on since 2002, which by the way my bladder has been fine since July 2007 PCT. I hope this season of running it stays under control.
The bodies were all so beautiful. I loved the lovers on display at the end they way the bodies were posed and how he held her.
My favorite was the man holding his skin. I told Andy when I die I want someone to save my skin. It's expensive skin..LOL... I would love to donate my body to science and have them put me on display like that.
I highly recommend if your in LA it will be showing through September at California science center.
That same night we also went to see fellow ultrarunner / comedian Jimmie Dean Freemen at a comedy club..I forgot the name. We had a lot of fun.
I'm back home in Fremont. I have my crossfit level 1 cert. this weekend looking forward to that.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that last pic of you too, very cool.

Good luck at your CF cet!

I have wanted to see the bodis exp. here in Sac but have not made it.

I need your addy, I have a ton of ?'s to ask. We are going to be doing the PCT in 2010(yes I know far off but we are starting all the essential studying now) and I am totally consumed by ait..its very distracting!! So needlesss to say I have a ton of ?'s.

I am also loving WOD's and Crossfit and have been working on my handstand pushups, and I cant quite do it full handstand but I can lean my feet on the wall and do them.Did 5 rounds of 20 yesterday(did a mod version of Angie) and I kicked ass.....

Anyway get back to me :)

Anonymous said...

What day do you leave for the PCT?

mrsmommyb said...

i totally dig the b&w pic of you two at the top. i LOVE you two. hahaha. so funny coming from someone who doesn't really know you. i'm a goober...this i know. =]

sakura

CoyoteGirl said...

Awwww, great pics. You guys are so photogenic!

Catra said...

Hey Michelle-
I won't be on the PCT until 09 to much snow and I just don't have the cash. I will be doing a triple on the JMT 636 miles.
I will hopefully hike from Campo to Angeles Crest area to Andy's house. That trail is addicting. I went through a depression knowing I won't be out for the record this year. I have so much more going on so I will still have fun.
I'm going to hopefully be at the kick-off party the class of 07 will be putting on, that was my group I hiked with.
Girl you rock. I can do 3 handstand push-ups. Those suckers are hard. You're doing great.

Do you mean my email catrarunner@yahoo.com
Catra

Catra said...

hey anon-
I will be at the kick-off and only hiking to Angeles crest. I had to change plans just don't have the money this year plus to much snow for a speed record for me.
I will do a triple on the JMT instead 636 miles I don't think it's been done. I asked and everyone says no. I will also go for the womans unsupported record as well, which is 7 days. I already have the Yo Yo record.
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Sakura-
Thanks. Hey if you see Sara tell her hi and congrats. on her new baby.
Hey we love you too. You seem like a fun chick.
Catra

Catra said...

Hey CG-
Thanks!
Catra

Rob said...

Good luck on the certification stuff, I still hate tests even 6-7 years out of college.

Great shots on Mission Peak, especially with the cow! They always are entertaining when going up or down. I always seem to end up with one or two friends following me.

Maybe I'll see you out there when I'm visiting in mid april, hoping to do a bit of hiking and biking.