Sunday, January 30, 2011

6th Annual FREMONT FAT ASS 50K
This year instead of just running 50k during the FFA I decided I wanted to run 42 miles, I asked Linda to join me and she said yes. We started the run from my house in Fremont at 5:30am and headed to Quarry lakes we got there fast and instead of waiting an hour for the race to start we just kept going.
Andy would be running so he had my car and Linda and I would pick up food and head out on our way back.

We saw some of our groups early starters heading out. We got out to Quarry lakes and were able to see the 8:30 starters heading out. I knew we would get caught later in the race by them.
We had perfect cool weather. we were lucky to have Chihping Fu providing aid along the course, we went by him twice.
There was a 5k, 10k and 1/2 marathon going on by Brazen racing they had 1200 runners out there. Sam the RD said we could use his aid which was nice.
I thought my legs would be sore running such a flat course since I don't train flat. But they weren't. Today they feel great. I owe it to my HOKAs these shoes are awesome.
We had around 33 runners this year doing various distances.
I was happy my bf Andy was able to come out and run fast with the fast guys. He enjoyed the course and had a great time.
Next year the race will be held around the same weekend so mark you calender for a fun race that cost nothing.

No comments: