Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cherish your visions
Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul; the blueprints of your ultimate achievements. Napoleon Hill
Here we go the start of of our Mount Whitney run/hike.

Had an awesome 4 day road trip with my roommate and friend Jerry. We started off with a run in Reds Meadow visited Rainbow Falls and Devils Post piles. I will post more pics. in the next few days. I wanted to put up a few from our run up Mount Whitney yesterday.

We slept at the Locked gate area on near White mountain peak, 11,000ft.on Friday night. We ran White mountain on Saturday 14,296(?) I felt good most of the way except around 13,000 I slowed way down. But when that happened I took a DMG sub lingual pill and I felt better. It was a beautiful day up on the peak there were tons of people going up too.

On the top.......Mount Whitney is my Heaven.

We stayed at the Dow Villa in Lone Pine and picked up our permit Sunday we drove around Alabama hills trying to find famous rock formations which we weren't very successful at.
We got our gear together Sunday night and headed to the Portals early we were on the trail by 4:30am. It was a beautiful day but it was very cold at trail camp freezing really. My hands were numb even with gloves on there was a bit of wind which made it colder.
I felt very good all the way I didn't slow way down like I do at 13,000 ft. Jerry felt great too. I think doing White Saturday was the key also we stopped to eat ever couple of hours.
The weather was perfect on the summit there were a lot of people out for a Monday. I think we had the best Summit day to be had the rest of the year, now the weather will be very cold at the top and once the snow comes the season will end.
That was my 7 Whitney summit and the best I ever felt.

Balancing along a log.
Jerry blows me away at 63 he is amazing I want to be doing the same when I'm 63. We should all be inspired by people like Jerry.
I will post more pictures from the trip tomorrow.
Happy Mount. Whitney trail runners :-)
Whitney portals has the best french fries :-) always my treat after doing Mount. Whitney. They are made from whole potatoes.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hopefully, I'll be getting up there sometime next year! I'm hoping to do a JMT fastpack next year. Can't wait. Looks like you had a great weekend, Catra!