Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Patience

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Today I ran with Julia for 2.5 hours. We started from my house at 6:30am. We had a blast. We ran on the Mission Peak trail and I wanted to cross country up to ridge to see if I could get to my house from there. I figured out I probably could but was running out of time so went back on the trail.
Friday Jerry, Julia, Radu and myself are heading to my favorite place. We will run Half Dome Friday. It will be the 56th time I have been up it.
I can't believe I have been up that stone so many times. I spent months there at a time when I was married and would go up it almost everyday.
I just love that place.
Foggy that's what it was today. The sun is finally out. Should be warm in Yosemite for our 2 days of running.
Things are not always what they appear, so examine everything carefully. What looks very positive could be negative and what looks negative could in fact be positive. The universe is a strange place and so things don’t always have to go according to your plan to actually be beneficial. This is a time to rely upon the Self, so examine and let go of support systems that no longer serve you.
© Stephen Haynes

2 comments:

Visionbuilder said...

No Sweet Catra, it's not gonna be warm in Yosemite this weekend. It's gonna be FARKING HOT!! Be prepared for 100 degrees!! :P

Triple Threat Ladies said...

I have been a long time lurker on your blog but I wanted to say hi and let you know that I am amazed by your accomplishments! You are inspiring!