Monday, June 15, 2009

Guidance

All you need to do to receive guidance is to ask for it and then listen. Sanaya Roman
The Ohlone indian grinding stones. Every time I take this route to visit the stone I feel the energy from the woman who spent hours here. It is amazing that this is still here out in my wilderness area.

Well I'm in my new home. I am renting a room from my very good friend FJ aka fast Jerry. I already feel a sense of calm and peace in my soul. This will be a positive experience. I am excited to share some fun adventures with Jerry this Summer. First one will be Friday, a few of us will be running Half Dome Friday and camp out near Hetch Hetchy that night. Then we will do the 29 mile loop around Hetch hetchy. It should be fun.

I think Rocky is happy here too. He really likes Jerry, so it will be great.

I never realized all the stuff I had until I moved. I am getting rid of a lot but still have tons, :-)
This Picture was on Saturday it was cloudy and foggy on the peak. We had fun Mike is on the left and FJ is in the middle.
This Sycamore tree is around the corner from my new house. Jerry said it is the oldest or second oldest in the United States. I will look into that to see. If it's true that is cool that I live right near it. It has a little swing on it so of course I had to launch myself from it ;-)
This was on Sunday Mike and I took a ranch road and did some explore. It was cool but dead ended 2.5 miles into it. I still think there is a way to Allison Peak from this area. I say another fire road I will try with Jerry at some point to see where it goes.
I'm hoping the weather warms up soon. Sounds like it is by the end of the week. Just in time for Yosemite.

I just want to thank all of you who post and read my blog. Now that I'm settle I will be able respond back more often

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Catra. Your blog pictures make me miss the Bay Area where I lived for almost 20 years!

Unknown said...

Catra:

Good luck in your new place.

The Yosemite and Hetch Hetchy runs sound great.

Wish I could go do that, but with my wife and two little children there's not the freedom that there was 6-7 years ago. Not complaining though.

Have a great weekend. Sorry I spelled your name starting with a K in a reply last week. Not sure what I was thinking.

Thanks again for the inspirational quotes and for sharing from the heart.

John Price said...

Hey Catra
Good luck in your new crib!
I will be glad to send you some of our heat to warm your place up (I don't like it warm!).
jOhn

CoyoteGirl said...

Wow! I wish I lived near some open space. I hate having to drive to them.

Try using Google Earth to see if you can find that route you were looking for.

Ultradawg said...

Like you, Catra, we should all take the time to find and swing in a tree swing. Or make our own!

Jen B said...

Hi Catra! And greetings from the Middle East, where I am stationed with the Army. I love your blog, and I've been reading for years (although I've only posted a time or two). Moving is a great way to get rid of stuff you don't need a practice detachment, for sure. I've moved 11 times over the past 15 years! I want to thank you for the inspiration and great thoughts that you post...it is great to see a fit healthy woman still running well into her 40s!!
I cannot run ultras right now due to being here (and actually the heat makes it difficult to go more than about 5 miles). I sure miss racing and running through the woods. Thanks for posting, please keep it up!
Jen

Over-Educated Nympho said...

Congrats on the move!

BTW, I still can't believe you're in your 40s. You look ten years younger, and I'm sure you could kick my ass all up and down Hetch Hetchy.