Thursday, June 18, 2009


The mountains are calling and I must go.
-John Muir-
This is Rocky today after hill repeats. We did a 3 mile pretty hilly run. I want him to be tired since I leave tomorrow and he will be left alone for the first time ever. I know he will be fine. I just hope he doesn't eat all his food at once.

We will be home Saturday night. So it's not like I'm gone very long. I would never leave him more then one night alone.
This was our view on our loop. This is a flat section. We got to visit the horses. I really am grateful to have Jerry as a friend. It's hard to rent a room with a dog. Rocky and Jerry love each other so it's perfect.
I gotta get ready for work. Jerry and Rocky will hangout together since Jerry took the day off.
By the look in the picture Rocky won't be doing much of anything today.


Don’t overload yourself with any more thinking. This is more a time of resting before action takes place. Intellectual reasoning only leads to frustration or leads you away from the direction you should be taking. As this is a re-orientation period take time to evaluate your goals, they may not be the same goals that you started with. Trust your feelings more, future success is at hand.
© Stephen Haynes

3 comments:

Mule said...

Hey Dirt Diva,

Been following your blog for quite awhile, the quote at the end of this post is very poignant for me today. I usually read your blog and marvel in silence about your accomplishments, but thanks for writing, us lurkers appreciate it!

Just me...and bike ramblings said...

Hey Catra, I just kind of found your blog whilst looking for ultrarunners. I am in UK where the trail running scene is pretty tiny; the ultra running scene is smaller still and even smaller again if you're a girl! I am so pleased to find others whose heart is as inseparably connected to the trails as mine. I travelled some of the same routes to running as you too and I also have no regrets; it made me what I am.

Em

Unknown said...

Have so much fun doing half dome. I have only done it once, but actually spoke to someone about it just last night. i am ready to do it again. It might be more fun this time. Last time was certainly a challenge. Cannot wait to see your photos from the hike.