Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Now's the Time

And finally, I want to acknowledge that making changes in your life is never an easy task. The key, however, is not to get caught up in the distance you have to go to get to where you want to be. Nor should you despair over the amount of control you have over your circumstances. Progress is made in the small, intentional steps, and chances are, you have more power than you think. By focusing on little steps you can take every day, the progress you make will motivate you to continue your journey, and eventually, you can go wherever you want to go. The important thing is simply to begin. Stephen Cherniske,
The feet are 50% better, tomorrow should be 75% and by race day Saturday 100%.
I have kept them dry and just keep apply benzion tincture to them and zeasorb powder to them. There are still a couple that are draining. They are in between my first and second toes and my left pinky toe. Taking the day off from work yesterday helped.
I will loose my left big toe nail, and second toe nail. You can't tell in the picture but during my race they got ripped up when I hit a rock.
I did go out and run 1 mile since it was national running day. Had to run ;-) ran with Rocky. Felt ok I could barley walk yesterday so I am healing fast. Going to get some homeopathic medicine at work called cantharis its awesome for blisters. I use to use it all the time, forgot about it.
I hope you will all send Andy and I positive thoughts this weekend. I will be going for my 5th finish at San Diego 100 and Andy for #6. He is going to run the whole way with me. I feel sorry for him cause I'm going to be slow.
Most important is that we have fun.

CROSSFIT WOD
Tabatas...
sit-ups (19)
squats (21)
the number is the lowest score.

6 comments:

Smithposts... said...

Take good care of your feet!! And good luck on the San Diego 100. Sounds like you and Andy will have a great time running together!

Lynn said...

You are awesome!!!
You probably know about this -- but in case you don't-- 2nd Skin is wonderful. I put it on blister and then tape it up so it doesn't squish out.
Best Best Best of luck to you and Andy!!!
Lynn

_oe said...

damn!

those are some killer tabata numbers ... i have a long way to go!

Unknown said...

good to hear you are on the mend. will be cheering for you this weekend! also glad to hear you ran for national running day! wahoo!
keep on keepin' on!
gene

CoyoteGirl said...

Love the tats on your feet! It's so good that you're healing so quickly. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and Andy this weekend!

Judi said...

omg, why bother with tonenail polish?

rock it this weekend catra!