Thursday, June 25, 2009

Face Your Fears
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face... The danger lies in refusing to face the fear, in not daring to come to grips with it... You must make yourself succeed every time. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
Good luck to everyone running Western States 100. Face your fears and you will finish.
Stay safe my friends.
Look for me in Squaw Valley tomorrow and I will be pacing from Foresthill to the finish.
Thank you everyone for all the wonderful clean & sober b-day wishes. I hold everything you all said close to my heart.
I am thankful and grateful each day that I am a better person today.

1 comment:

PunkRockRunner said...

I was training for Death Ride and following the race via twitter. Anyone who made it to the starting line is a SUPER STAR. On a day that saw some of the elite runners (Scott, Jenn, Dean, Anton) either drop or DNS, this was a brutal year for all runners.

I am hopeful to get there one day.

So cool that you paced.

All the best,

Ron