Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Be mindful of being, positive in all you say and do. Know that each of your thoughts and deeds has the power to heal you-and those around you- so watch them closely without judging.

Me and Julia stretching before the WOD at crossfit. It's great to be back at crossfit ready to get Fit as F**k.
Just another easy run in paradise. Saw the doctor today. She said since the knee hasn't bothered me in 5 days not worry about it unless the pain comes back. She thinks it was stress from carrying the heavy pack and I just tweaked it. Since i've been icing it and massaging it , it feels fine. She said just wear the knee wrap when I run or hike. She told me I did the right thing by stopping when I did on the PCT. She even gave me the ok to hike the Tahoe rim trail as long as I keep my pack light. Still feel sick with the giardia but it's just part of the process.
Bridge near little Yosemite in Sunol.
The water is usually in the middle of the boulder next to me. I have never been able to stand in that water on a rock before. It really is a dry year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Catra,

Followed your PCT adventure from the beginning... you kick ass!!! Maybe having to bail out is a sign that you're supposed to take this as a trial run and recouperate for your record attempt next year? That sucks that you still have giardia; I had it once a long time ago and it cleared out after a week. I'll definitely be investing in an expedition-grade water filter for my PCT trip next year. Just wanted you to know that although I've been thinking about doing the PCT for some time now, you're the one who has inspired be to get out there and actually do it! I'll probably only average about 20 mi/day, so if I start before you, I'm sure I'll be getting out of your way somewhere on the trail. It'll be a treat to chat with you!

Happy ultra-marathoning! Stay Healthy!

Jay (Vancouver, Canada)

Catra said...

Hey Jay-
I am feeling better it's the antibiotics my body dosn't like.
I agree this year was no suppose to be my year. I lived & learned what more could I ask for.
Make sure you're at the kick off party next year. I will be there even though I won't start until the first second week of May. Well really it depends on the snow in the Sierras next year. I am looking forwar to meeting a fellow ultrarunner turned PCT hiker ;)
Have a great day.
it makes me feel good that I inspired you to get out and do the PCT in 08.
XOXO,
Catra

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

Hey Catra, you're looking sparky! I like the skirt you're wearing in these pics and the last set - where did it come from?

See ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey Catra,

I'm not an ultrarunner, just a recreational jogger (I'm about 6'3" so apparently that puts me in the "clydesdale class" LOL!), so I hope you don't hold that against me! I'm pretty fast on the hiking trail though. The PCT kickoff sounds like fun, I'll probably be starting before the party, but I'll try and hitch a ride back! Looks like you had great weather in Tahoe, sorry the vibes weren't in tune, but better safe than sorry. We have the luxury of not having to worry about water on the trails up here (near Vancouver, BC), so that is something I am definitely going to have to get used to in SoCal. Rocky looks like tons of fun! Too bad he can't do the hardcore hikes like his mommy! I've got a labrador and he goes nuts when he hears the word "hike" LOL!

Anyway nice chatting with you, take it easy on the knee for a little while!

Cheers,

Jay.