Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Soon I will be heading out into the wilderness alone. Each year when I fast pack through the Sierras I come back a different person.
I learn so much about myself. There are times out there were I have to face my fears. A tough and dangerous ford, a snow covered pass where I lose the trail. The sounds around my camp at night.
These experiance's teach me that I can do anything.
I know I have many friends and I know you all pray for me, and send positive vibes when I need them.
This year I will link up three trails, two of them I have done, and one I have never been on.

The Tahoe Yosemite trail will be the most challenging. I guess because I've never been on it. I just have to pay attention so I don't get lost.
I will have a link on my blog to a new blog that will have updates while I'm gone.
I should have a link next week to it.
Cheers,
Catra
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me i want the first for to give you all my postives vibes!!!
positives vibes from France :)
I would be a star in the sky to look at your journey…
HANG ON
ju-

onepinkfuzzy said...

should be fun - looking forward to "watching" your progress via the other blog :)

Brad said...

Have a great time! I'm doing a VERY SMALL version of this in September (ok, only like 30 miles on the JMT).
If you have time, what does your backpacking list look like? Any suggestions on lightweight items?
Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Renee said...

Sounds amazing -- I too look forward to hearing of your progress.

HERC DRIVER said...

Can't wait to follow your progress!!! I'm envious of you!!!! Good luck and great Karma!!

Namaste,

Tom

brownie said...

Yeah, publish what's going in your pack for us gear nerds!

Catra said...

Hey Brad-

I will write a list before I go I hope. I will see if I have time. If not I will write up a gear list when I get back !
Catra

Catra said...

Hey FM-

Thanks it should be an adventure that's for sure!
CC

Catra said...

Hey Tom-

Thanks! Send me some new pictures of the Baby. He must be so big.
Namaste,
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Brownie-

I will. I will try to do it before I leave.

Catra

Catra said...

Hi Ju-

Thank you! I will look up every night and see you.
XOXO,
Catra

HERC DRIVER said...

I agree with brad and brownie! Give us a list!!! :)

Ben, aka BadBen said...

Have a good time. Running alone for long periods in the wilderness is the true definition of "spirituality."

Happy trails,
Bad Ben

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »