Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.
What a great weekend to run. Well I should take that back every weekend I can run is a great weekend, right.
I love this pic. of Rocky, I took him on a 6 mile run last Monday and he was flying ;-)
Me , Naresh, Linda and Mike did a run to Ed Levin and around the Golf course and trails there with a side trip to the cafe ;-) on Saturday.
We all ran back to Mission Peak where me and Mike met up with Julia to continue on for a longer run 34 miles plus 2 more miles for me with Rocky so 36 for the day.

We of course had to stop at Mission peak coffee Mikey's favorite place in Fremont ;-)
The weather again this past weekend was awesome for running. But today we are back to rain for the week that's ok we need it so we can have beautiful flowers this Spring ;-).
I ran from Don Edwards wild life preserve along the Coyote hills and out along Alameda creek to Quarry lakes on Sunday. On the way back I mixed it up and ran some trails I had never run that was fun. I also decided to run the Red Hill trail on the way back ;-) lots of short steep climbs. I Did the loop out of Dairy Glen and got to see all the sheep they put out there for grazing.
I finished off my run along the LaRiviere trail. 25 miles total wanted to run 30 but decided I had a 103 mile week was good enough. Time to taper for my next Hundred in less than two weeks. I will be running Rocky Road 100 should be fun ;-)
Ok time to get ready for work ;-))

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Valentines Day!! Love your dog...so cute!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inspiring so many. Hope you had a great day. Pet the dog for me.

Green frog

mi55ter said...

Catra: Excellent post, as enjoyable as usual.
Good luck on your next hundred.
In one of your pictures, there's 3 of you, I think the middle one in the green shirt is Mike. That wouldn't be Rocky hidden in his shirt, would it?
Love your blog, Matt