Wednesday, November 03, 2010

People Are Like Stained-Glass

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

I hope everyone had a happy Halloween. We did, I went to Andys with Rocky for 5 days it was great to get away. We were very busy since Halloween is Rockys holiday. He wore his hot dog bun costume again and it was a hit. I was a harlequin girl again and Andy a peanut.
We got some trail running in took Rocky up on the Mt. Wilson trail. That dog loves to run.
Andy took me to see Nightmare before Christmas in 4D in Hollywood that was fun.

We mostly hung out in Sierra madre. Friday they had the costume parade for kids we took Rocky ;-)
Sunday we went down Algeria street in Sierra Madre. It is a street that all the homeowners deck their houses out for Halloween and they block off the street thounds of people come to look at the displays.
Andy drove back with me and Rocky since he had to fly out for work in Atlanta so we spent the night in San francisco.
We had such an awesome time together. looks like me and my sweetie won't see each other until Ridgecrest 50k race ;-( Being apart really makes us appreciate each other and we know how much we love each other. We really have so much fun when we are together he can really make me laugh.
Ok now I need to start training for HURT 100 ;-)

But first up heading to my fascial stretch therapy session with Dr. Hunt ;-)

4 comments:

Matthew Ruscigno said...

See you in Ridgecrest! Bunch of us cyclists gonna give ultrarunning a go!

Hone said...

The HURT is sneaking up. It will be good to see you 2 out there.

Why not just moved down to SoCal instead of the commute? We could use some spunk. The running scene is pretty bland down here.

Glenn Jones said...

Wow. What a great saying Catra. Thanks for putting things in perspective.

Catra said...

yay see you there Matt ;-)