Thursday, June 23, 2011

All of life is a journey.........
All of life is a journey; which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there. From A Little Book of Happiness
Our Whitney, White mountain and Hetch Hetchy trip was a blast.
We didn't make it up Whitney because none of us ever used ice axes before and we got a late start. Going up would not be the issue it would be coming down. So we made it up to almost 13,000ft. On July 14 Jerry and I will go up again less snow so we should make it up.
I was really shocked at how much snow was out there. Going through Tuolumne really opened my eyes on the conditions out There.
This year I will not do the JMT instead I will do a few fastpacks of 60-100 miles.
I am still trying to plan out ,my plan of attack. It will start with a 60 mile over night from Hetch Hetchy to Yosemite and back.
Been super busy this week. Heading out on Saturday to run Safety patrol at Western states 100. I get to run 32 miles and help my fellow runners along the way.
Good luck to all of you who are running Western states 100 it's not going to be easy with all the snow so stay positive and I will see you all out there.

2 comments:

Ewa said...

Love your happy pics.
Too bad I am not going to bump into you on JMT.
The weather is supposed to be great this weekend so have fun. Are you doing the snowy section?

K said...

Hi Catra--I'll be at the finish line of WS100 cheering for people! Maybe i'll see you there and we can meet in person! BTW--I've done White mountain twice in my life and I LOVE that area so much.