Thursday, April 28, 2011


"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

So I'm sad I won't be running McNaughton park 200 miler. Rocky being sick last week and his expensive vet bill really didn't help much. I thought how the heck can I afford to go? Both Andy and I decided that the unplanned expense was enough to make us realize it's best not to go, and that we could do it next year. As it turns out now there is no way Andy could go since something with a project he is working on came up, and he needs to be here.

Like I always say everything happens for a reason.
Rocky is doing great I take him Saturday for a vet check.

So since I am very well trained I will keep my miles up and get ready for my annual solo Ohlone 100, I think I am going to run 131 miles again since I'm not running McNaughton 200. I just need to work it out for a night pacer Friday night and I would need to have someone pick Andy up at the airport Friday night.

Hopefully I can get it all worked out. Andy is pacing me the last 64 miles it should be fun.
This weekend should be a good training weekend starting tomorrow with a 20 miler, Saturday 30 & Sunday 40. woo hoo!!!! the good news is I don't have to taper for a couple weeks ;-)

4 comments:

Olga said...

Life is like this, isn't it?
Any move(s) planned yet, guys?

Catra said...

At some point I will move there. I decided by Jan 1st ;-) just can't think about it right now since I'm doing Badwater and the JMT this summer ;-) hope all is well Olga, miss you

Olga said...

Thrilled to hear that! You're right on BW and JMT, takes priority. So things don't go missing while packing:) Any chance you come to SD50 to hang out in 2 weeks? Miss you too, sunshine!

Unknown said...

So glad rocky is feeling better!