Monday, April 25, 2011

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras
My furry son had me freaked out this weekend. Wednesday night he knocked some things off a dresser but my roommate said he didn't think anything hit him. He seemed fin running on Thursday. Thursday night he knocked over my hamper. I took him running on Friday 4 miles he seemed ok. I went and got my hair done and came home and I noticed the white area of his left eye was bloody red like a vessel burst.
He was moving his head weird and I thought maybe something did hit him in the head. I rushed him to the vet. I just assumed he got hit in his head above his eye.
They needed to do x-rays and blood test and keep him over night. The head looked good no fractures. So they just kept him to watch him and gave him something for the swelling.
He seems to be doing well the eye still is red and he's taking antibiotics and pain meds. Good news he's on the mend bad news no running or vigorous walking for a week. He sees the doctor on Saturday and hopefully he will be able to get out for a short run soon.

12 comments:

Jenn Collins @Monkey Butt Junction said...

Mister Rocky, don't scare your momma like that. Now take it easy and feel better!

I'm glad to hear that it sounds like it was nothing serious.

slowrunner said...

i LOVE the last pic of him - looks like he's smiling!
get better soon rocky ridge!

K said...

Get better Rocky!

RP said...

I'm so glad Rocky is doing ok. He'll be back on the trails with you in no time.

Unknown said...

A funny dog...
Hy, I'm from indonesia.
Visit my blog yea...

Mike said...

Rocky...get well soon.

Molly @ The F-spot said...

I'm glad you're having Rocky checked out! Best of luck that it is just a bump on the head and not more serious.

I took my pup Argus in for a suspected sprain in his front leg and it turned out to be bone cancer... So heartbreaking!

If it does turn out to be something more serious, we had Argus treated at the vet teaching hospital at UC Davis and I would highly recommend them. The care we got was fantastic and their prices are more reasonable. I have chronicled his diagnosis and treatment on my blog, if you are interested in the specifics.

Keep us posted!

mtnrunner2 said...

Maybe his night vision isn't what it used to be. After all, he's got that grey muzzle going, so I know he's no teenager. Hope he's OK.

Chris and Amy said...

Anyway he could be having vision or balance problems before getting hit on the head? Sounds like he was already running into things. Good luck! You're a great dog mom!

Channan said...

Poor Rocky, I hope he is all better and back running with you soon! My boxer, Apollo, is very good at letting me know when I'm not giving him enough attention by eating something inappropriate and ending up at the vet.

(ps. I'm the really tall lady with 3 dogs who spoke to you at mission peak the other weekend).

Channan

Catra said...

thanks everyone he is doing better.

Catra said...

Hi Channan I remember you. You have your hands full with the 3 furry kids. Rocky is fine now but what a scare. Hope to see you again take care.