Thursday, March 22, 2012

There are as many reasons for running as there are days in the year, years in my life. But mostly I run because I am an animal and a child, an artist and a saint. So, too, are you. Find your own play, your own self-renewing compulsion, and you will become the person you are meant to be. ~George Sheehan
Who inspires you??? Many people inspire me. This is Pat Devita she is 78 years old and doesn't let her age stop her from doing what she loves. I am a lot like her I believe age is just a number and you are only as old as you feel. I am a firm believer of not letting a number ever slow me down.
This was Pat's 27th LA marathon she has run every single one of them. Last year Andy , George and I decided that we will run LA with her every year to support her until she no longer wants to run it. Vicki her daughter past away in 2010 so we ran in her memory and Rocky Ridge's memory.
We had a blast as you can see in the photos below. This year there was no rain so we got to enjoy all the sights along the way.
This photo above is Andy in front of his elementary school.
Here I am in front of the mural of the weenier dog that died in a hit and run in Silver Lake. They never caught the heartless a**hole that killed the little guy ;-((
We did have a blast but at the end it was so windy I thought we were going to blow away at the finish line. Congrats. to Pat and everyone who finished.
Next up Old Goats 50 miler this Saturday. Please send me positive vibes . I will be running in memory of my Rocky Ridge. I'm hoping he will give the energy to kick ass just like at Rocky Road 100 last month.

2 comments:

Olga said...

Great to see y'all having a good time.

Ed said...

Pooosssitive.....vibbes...wow that took a bunch of energy...hope it helped!