Monday, August 30, 2010

CREATE YOURSELF............
Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. George Bernard Shaw
Well Angeles crest 100 didn't go as planned but that's why I run hundreds. You never know what the day will bring.
I pulled my hamstring 3 times along the course first time at mile 30 but kept on pushing. I took a total of 12 advil which in turn tore up my stomach so really wasn't eating.
I decided to call off my race at mile 75. I had plenty enough time to finish but was in to much pain and knew taking more advil was not an option.
I have Rio del Lago 100 in two weeks and want to be healthy for that race.
I want to thank Jimmy Gabany who paced me 16 miles and John Vigil who was suppose to pace me the last 25, sorry John. They were awesome.
I also want to thank George Velasco who helped crew me after he dropped.

On a positive note Andy Kumeda my BF rocked the course in 28:16(i think) not positive of the time but i think that was it.
Thanks for all the vibes that were send. I got them that's why I kept going friends.

Gotta stay positive. Live Life Love Life!!!

5 comments:

Matt Johnson said...

I sent you some positive vibes, Catra. Sorry you didn't finish, but I'm glad you enjoyed it anyways. Now, on to the next one!!

STU said...

sorry to read things didn't go as planned. bummer.

quick question : what r the black bands under your knees? are they to help support the knee joint? i'm having some knee pain on longer runs, maybe they can help. can you reply back w/ what they are. thanks from LA!

Anonymous said...

Activities that challenge our abilities, that force us to push ourselves to our limits, show the true us; our true selves are never so much exposed as when we are at our weakest.

Sorry you had to pull out but you made a good decision at the right time and with humility. Recover well and I wish you better 'luck' in Rio Del Lago.

Congrats to Andy!

The Stretch Doc said...

Ahh You are best!!!
thanks so much and see ya in a couple!!

rockon'

Steve said...

Sorry it didn't go as planned, Catra. I wish you a quick recovery. I agree about 100's - the appeal to me is that it is always a challenge and there is a strong possibility you might not finish. Congrats to Andy on a great run. I'm so glad that you two found each other and bring each other happiness. Namaste!