Sunday, January 31, 2010

DETACH AND LIVE..................
Detachment involves present-moment living – living in the here and now. We allow life to happen instead of forcing and trying to control it. We relinquish regrets over the past and fears about the future. We make the most of each day.
Melody Beattie
This weekend Andy and I stayed at the Claremont resort in Oakland. It is suppose to be this amazing resort & spa. I won a $500 gift certificate from Whole Foods for winning the Green trek challenge last year. It's a fitness challenge for all the Whole Foods in our region and I won overall.
I would of never paid all that money to stay here. I was not impressed. The room was small and it was noisy. It is an old hotel so maybe that's why. The view sucked. Overlooked the roof and the windows of the other side of the hotel.
The best part was the fitness program and gym. We took every class we could; Pilate's, Yoga, spinning and body sculpt. I have never taken a Pilate's, Yoga or spin class. I really enjoyed the spin class, the instructor was very fit and I bet she has done Furnace creek 508. I love how you push as hard as you can as she leads you through the rides she has you cranking the gears up so you can hardly pedal as if you are riding up hill.

I would for sure take a spin class at a gym again. I did like both the Yoga and Pilate's and would do those once in a while. It's just way to mellow for me. I need to be moving around more. I will stick to running and crossfit nothing can ever take the place of them ;-)
It really is good to try something new. If you don't how will you know if you like it or not.

3 comments:

*Ultra*Rockstar* said...

Thats cool you tried all that. I love spinning, its the one thing that the gym has that I love to do...class wise. I love it because you can oush as hard as you want.

Shannon said...

Guess who would love for you to take her spin class?!? Me!

Jen said...

I love spin. It's such an efficient workout. And I love your plaid shirt - I have the same one 'cuz my favorite color is plaid. Jen