Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you.
Yay!!! Team Rocky Ridge brings home silver buckles we both finished sub 24. I ran 3 hours and 1 min. faster than last years time. 22:21 I came in 3rd place female and 16th overall. Andy finished in 20:53 8th overall.
I had a great race thanks to my angel Rocky ridge he was with me all day and all night on the course. As the hours went by I became stronger. I ran a smart race and stayed positive. I focused on all the wonderful memories I have shared over the years with my beloved Rocky. He was their helping me and I felt him all the way.
I am so proud of all the runners out there running their first hundreds you all were awesome. Even the people that did not finish were amazing for even being out there. I love our sport. I love all the caring and loving people who I share these trails with.
I am thankful each day God has blessed me with an awesome life and friends. I am thankful he sent Rocky into my life even though I felt it wasn't long enough. I miss him. Rocky has shaped who I have become in these last 8 years. He taught me how to live life, love life.
I LOVE YOU "POPO" aka Rocky Ridge. You left paw prints on my heart ;-)

5 comments:

Ani said...

Team Rocky Ridge did Rocky proud!

We focus so much on what we can teach our dogs, but only the insightful reflect too on what they can learn from their furbabies!

-Ani

Bigun said...

awesome PR and great tribute to the Rock!

beadmobile said...

What a great tribute to Rocky. I've wondered at times why humans live so much longer than our canine friends. It's always tough to see them go. Really enjoyed your post about Rocky's life.

slowrunner said...

congratulations! and love your shirts!

Imiike said...

Congratulations!
Of course you were faster this year, with angel Rocky by your side all the time.
I love your team-t-shirts.
What a great idea! :)