Monday, March 14, 2011

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.
- Lao Tzu

Coyote Springs 50k race in Las Vegas. We had a blast.
I feel at 14 miles and slowed down a lot. Hurt my knee and hand but still managed to finish. I was hoping to run 6:15 but instead was happy with my 7:10 finish.
Andy of course was speedy and finished in 4:57.
We had a great time on our trip saw Cirque du soleil O it was amazing.
We stayed at Aria sky suites it was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at, I think that room went for 500 bucks a night. The drapes opened when you walked in. It was a beautiful place. We also went to Sinatra's for dinner and they even have a vegan menu.
It was awesome spending time with Andy without feeling trashed after running 100 miles. A little 50k is nothing for us so we are fresh and able to have fun without hobbling around ;_)
Congrats to Carmella on finishing her first Ultra!! Woo HOO

Ok next up helping at Coyote two moons 100 and running the LA marathon with friends ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catra, I'm disappointed that you find a 50k so unchallenging, when for some it's a major feat. What about the people who have suffered with disabilities? Maybe you should push the pace a little harder on a 50k and see if you don't hobble or feel tired after.
Alton

Catra said...

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I do push myself each time I race. I also run for those who suffer disabilities or are not here any longer. I push my pace each time I race. I'm sure what you are referring to. Trust me I get tired just training. I will never be a fast runner but run as fast as I can and enjoy each day that I am alive. I am very thankful I am here and alive Alton. I feel blessed that I am able to run. I feel sorry you must of read something.
The only reason that I don't find them as challenging as a hundred is I run 50k in training a couple times a week, maybe that is where you got that from. I do still find every race challenging.
Have a great day

offrun.com said...

The famous Dirt Diva in my blog

http://www.offrun.com/blog/posts/hokaoneone-mafate-wp-bondib-trail-running

;)